Neel: There are lots of people around you who can help you deal with your parents’ separation.
Sometimes, just talking to a friend can help a lot, especially if his or her parents have also split up.
You can also talk to an adult you trust, like:
- A relative (an aunt or uncle, or your grandmother or grandfather).
- Your teacher.
- Your school counsellor.
- Someone at your place of worship.
- Your family doctor.
These people can help by:
- Just listening.
- Suggesting things you can do to make things better.
- Giving you the names of other people who can help.
Here is a number you can call if you need some help and don’t know who to reach out to.
- Call the Kids Help Phone for free from anywhere in Canada, at 1-800-668-6868. You can also visit the Kids Help Phone website.